Safety and Security
Safety and Security
The purpose of the Safety Committee is to enhance the enrichment and image of the lives of VECA residents through safety and security.
Chair: Rick Maxwell
Your safety is our concern. That is why we have provided valuable resources for neighbors like you to learn more about how you can safeguard your home, apartment, and personal property.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if any of these links are not working (ie, if page owner changes the link address). Thank you!
Memphis Police Department Links:
- Memphis Police Department home page
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Burglary Prevention Tips
- Safety Tips
- Crime Stoppers of Memphis and Shelby County
- Who’s in Jail Link: Note the blue tabs at the top for Active Inmates, Recent Bookings, etc. Only offenders who are still in jail will appear here.
- General Sessions Affidavits: Get the booking number from the link above and with that number, this site will let you review the affidavits of complaint for arrest warrants.
- General Sessions Criminal Court and Criminal Court Case Information: Provides court information
- Sherrif’s Warant Information search
- How Do Burglars Think: The Basics of Burglary
- Stow It, Don’t Show It: Tricks to Prevent Robbery
- Safe Kids Mid-South (LeBonheur)
- Residential Security Checklist
- Apartment Security Checklist
- Situational Awareness
- Protecting Personal Property
- Serial Number Inventory Checklist
- The Midtown Security Blog website
- Operation Safe Community
- The City of Memphis Office on Neighbor Relations website.
- Neighbor Relations newsletter: February 2011
- Neighbor Relations newsletter: Fall 2010
- Ready America website
- Citizen Corps website
- Emergency Preparedness Brochure (Homeland Security)
- Shelby County Sheriff’s Office
- The American Association of Posion Control Centers
- The ASK campaign: helping parents with gun safety and children
V&E Newsletters with Safety and Security Articles:
- September 2011 – page 4 – Safety First
- July 2011 – page 6 – Seniors, Kids and Pets
- May 2011 – page 6 – Accidents and Child Safety
- March 2011 – page 6 – Protect Yourself and Your Family
- November 2010 – page 6 – Good Neighbors Equal Good Home Security
- September 2010 – page 5 – Is that a Drug House?
- July 2010 – page 6 – Keeping Your Home Safe and Secure While on Vacation